I love bacon cheeseburgers. I love mac and cheese. So, it only makes sense that I’d love it when you combine the two into Bacon Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese.
This recipe has quickly become a favorite in my family. It’s not overly cheesy… which allows all the flavors to come through. One of the keys is to not chop the bacon too small. About 1″ chunks are perfect… so, when you get a bite with bacon… you really get a bite with bacon… just like you would in an actual burger.
After serving, I like to add a little mustard, ketchup, and a few pickles. It really enhances the “burger” flavor. Give this Bacon Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese a try.
Bacon Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese
What do you get when you combine a bacon cheeseburger with mac and cheese? Deliciousness!
- 10 Slices Cooked Bacon Roughly chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Onion Small, chopped
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 16 oz Elbow Noodles
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 16 oz Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 1 Cup Cheddar-Jack Cheese Shredded
- Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Brown the ground beef and onion together and drain.
- Mix in the bacon and Worcestershire sauce and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in salted water for two minutes less than recommended.
- Drain in a colander and return to the pot without rinsing.
- Mix in the browned ground beef mixture, cheddar cheese sauce, shredded cheese.
- Spray a 9×13 pan, crock, or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the meat and noodle mixture and spread smooth with a spatula.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
You can enhance the burger flavor by topping each serving with a little mustard, ketchup, and a few pickles.