Not sure why… but it took me forever to discover how delicious and easy fritattas are. Now that my eyes have been opened I plan on making these often… with whatever leftover meats and veggies we have in the refrigerator. If you have a cast-iron skillet (or oven-safe pan) you should try one.
Cast-Iron Skillet Fritatta
- 10" cast iron skillet
- 5 Slices Bacon
- 1/2 Small Onion, diced
- 2 Potatoes Sliced thin
- 8 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese
- Brown bacon in a 10" cast iron skillet.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- In the remaining bacon grease sautee onion and potatoes.
- Crumble cooked bacon on top of onions and potatoes.
- Top with cheese. Use how much or little as you prefer.
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper and pour over the ingredients in the cast-iron skillet.
- Cook on the stove top 5-7 minutes over medium-high heat until the edges start to set.
- Place in the air fryer toaster oven, preheated to 350 and bake bake for 20 minutes